Citizens’ Climate Lobby Florida will host a statewide Climate Action Conference on Saturday, Feb. 23 in Tampa at the Patel College of Global Sustainability at the University of South Florida.
Citizens, professionals in the field of climate impacts and resiliency, municipal and county staff, and elected officials are encouraged to attend. The conference is an opportunity for both new and experienced climate advocates to gain knowledge, inspiration, skills, and strategies and network with leaders in the field of climate science and activism.
The conference will include:
- A presentation on the latest research on sea-level rise and its implications for Florida
- A review of The Energy Innovation and Carbon Dividend Act, H.R. 763. It’s bipartisan legislation designed to comprehensively reduce America’s carbon pollution and bring climate change under control
- Strategies and tactics for becoming a successful citizen activist
- A panel on climate justice and inclusion
- Strategies for outreach to conservatives and building bipartisan coalitions
- Lessons learned from the Southeast Regional Florida Climate Compact and other regional coalitions
Conference registration is $35 through Feb. 11 and $45 thereafter. Students can attend for just $15.
Register and find more information about the conference at:
“The Invading Sea” is a collaboration of four South Florida media organizations — the South Florida Sun Sentinel, Miami Herald, Palm Beach Post and WLRN Public Media.